Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Memoir Revision


After I rewrote my memoir today I was driving down the highway and like a flash.... I relived a moment from twenty years in my past. It is a beautiful day and I was day-dreaming (probably shouldn't while driving) and the vision came to me as clear as day. I remembered details from my memoir I left out of my writing, but visions of that day flowed through mind. It was surreal! Intricate things that I thought I could never pull out of my repressed thoughts. WOW! Maybe something in the beauty of the day inspired me but I was relieved. Writing this memoir was a gratifying project and I could probably revise it ten more times and still feel I left something out. I hope you all have similar experiences if not carpe diem, there will not be too many days like today left this fall.

Cheers,
Marc

No comments: